Even though you may use a refuse bag inside your bin, when your garbage has been taken away, your bin isn't really empty. Something potentially deadly always remains behind... "GERMS." Scientific tests on refuse bins by the C.S.I.R were conducted on five ordinary households in Flamingo Vlei. The results were alarming! The bins all contained large amounts of bacteria. The dangerous bacteria identified included Staphylococcus and Proteus Vulgaris which causes illness and disease in humans, but even more alarming was the presence of Rahnella Aquatilis in one of the tested bins!
Rahnella Aquatilis is a clinical pathogen, a dangerous germ capable of causing deadly, life-threatening infection in children and adults.
Staphylococcus infections mainly affect the skin, but can cause serious internal disorders.
Proteus Vulgaris organisms are implicated as serious causes of infections in humans and are most commonly found in the human intestinal tract .
Unfortunately a great percentage of residential and commercial refuse bins are not cleaned at all and therefore create favourable conditions for the breeding of flies, maggots, cockroaches, mosquitoes and rodents. These parasites encourage the spread of disease and sickness.